Friday, November 07, 2008

eliminating civil rights...

I posted this 2 days ago on my "blog-born-blog":

As of today, I refuse to acknowledge 52% of Californian's rights! I will do so randomly, at my choosing. I have deemed myself the ultimate arbiter of rights! After all, as a California voter, I have a God given right to decide who is entitled to "rights" and who is not.

Thus, by the powers vested in me as a California voter, I declare that:

1) Freedom of religion has been eliminated for all of the Mormons and Catholic who funded the "yes on 8" ads

2) Freedom of speech has been eliminated for anyone who voted for prop 8.

3) And if you fall into class "1" or class "2", then too bad, because I am eliminating your right to marry too. Ha!

special transsexual bonus:
While I'm at it, I refuse to acknowledge the gender identities of anyone who won't acknowledge mine. So watch out Ms. Blanchard and Mr. Jeffreys....

p.s., I know that Ray is Canadian & Sheila is Australian, and thus not under my jurisdiction as a California voter. But I'm feeling really justifiably entitled tonight...

1 comment:

maudite entendante said...

Julia, if you weren't in California, I'd ask you to marry me right now...