Monday, June 16, 2008

I know this is supposed to be a blog for serious issues...

...you know, deep heavy posts, scientific discussions, well-reasoned critical thinking and all that.

But I just have to say that I have been reading about the marriages being performed, legally, in California right now, and I am just so happy for our friends, brothers, sisters in that state who are getting the chance to truly and legally commit their lives to one another.

Every now and then, the good guys win one. That is what keeps us coming back to the fight! For now, let's just share the joy of relationships being bound in law as they are in spirit.

1 comment:

helen_boyd said...

Nobody said it has to be serious all the time! & No one said celebrating justice isn't serious.

I think it's fantastic. I remember the first wave of marriages in CA, & the photos, & the looks of sheer joy on people's faces.