I was asked recently for resources for trans people with children. Honestly, there's never very much, but here's the list I sent her:
- COLAGE does a lot of work with LGBT parents, & coming out: http://colage.org/resources/parents.htm
- They have specific information on how to come out to your kids: http://colage.org/resources/coming_out.htm
- there's a new organization called TransFamily that might have some stuff: http://www.transfamily.org/
- You may also find useful information at Abigail Garner's Families Like Mine site: http://familieslikemine.com/
- We have a forum on our message boards for people dealing with kids & family: http://www.myhusbandbetty.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=34
- There's a Kids of Trans tag for this blog, too: http://www.myhusbandbetty.com/tag/kids-of-trans/
If anyone has any newer resources I haven't yet seen, please do add them!